Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Unravellavellavel

First Attempt at Unravelling a Sweater... The unravelling mentioned previously was moderately successful. Dissembling the sweater was MUCH more difficult than I expected and I ended up cutting some of the main yarn while trying to snip the stitches holding the pieces together. After a while I got a lot better at distinguishing which stich was which and I think it was worth the effort... I think.

A Jarful of Yarn!

After all is said and done, I've ended up with enough for a tank and look forward to getting started on it once I've washed the yarn. Unfortunately it smells musty at this point - an odor which seemed to intensify as I pulled the sweater apart. I have a semi-phobia about smells like that and feel all oogly just thinking about it. I'm sure I'm imagining it right now as being much grosser than it really is, but I'll still hold my breath when I next open the jar!

AND

First Attempt at Knitting a Sweater... I'm also currently working on my first sweater based on Alison Hansel's "Nothin' But a T Shirt" pattern. I say "based on" because I feel like I'm really butchering it and don't want anyone to think it's a bad pattern because of what they see here!



I finished the front and back pieces and decided to attempt seaming up the shoulders. In my excitement I decided to forgo blocking. I'm not sure if it's partly to blame, but the seams came out horribly! Lumpy, bulky, with holes. So disappointing after all the knitting. I ripped out the seams and my plan at this point is to:

  1. re-bind-off the shoulder tops in a smoother fashion
  2. block the pieces
  3. read up on seaming techniques
  4. try again!

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

knitsters...knit on...

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lovely colour! (Came to your blog via the Bay Area knitter's ring.) What yarn is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home