Sunday, February 19, 2006

Finishing...

I'm having a difficult time finishing any project lately. I've been knitting for just over a year and up til a month ago I couldn't start anything until I finished what I was working on at the time. After the difficulty I had seaming up the shoulders of my first sweater I decided to put it down and start something else. I started a pair of knitted pants for my little one (a project that has no seams). I also couldn't stop myself from starting on the tank top I planned to make with the sweater I unravelled. On top of that, I just got a spindle and am attempting to spin up a bit of yarn and who knows if I'll be able to let that sit around... Here are some pics of what's going on!

1st Sleeve for Sweater


Tank Top Pics - Bottom one is detail of beading and eyelets on lower part of the Tank Top. This is of my own design.


New Spindle and My First Hand-Spun Yarn.


Bottoms of the legs of the little pants for Tyson! I'm knitting the legs both at the same time - one using double pointed needles and one using the Magic Loop method. (These little pants are based on Knitty's Cargo Pattern)


I'm sure many knitters do not think this is a lot to have going on at once - from looking at other blogs I've seen lots of projects "on the needles." I am just not the kind of person who feels comfortable having so many projects going on at once. I feel overwhelmed and like I'll never finish anything!

I've been working on my sweater again - starting one of the sleeves. I think I need to focus on finishing my sweater and face the fear I have that it's gonna turn out ugly and that I'll never wear it and that all the work I've put into it will be a waste. I never had to deal with this when I was just doing little scarves and hats - if I didn't like them it was no big deal because they only took me a few hours to finish...

Ah Grasshopper...
"It is good to have an end to journey toward;
but it is the journey that matters, in the end."
Ursula K. LeGuin
The Little Zen Companion


1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger PippaW said...

HI,
your knitting is so neat! Really like the sweater's sleeve, lovely colours!
Happy knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home